At EIDU, we want to educate the world’s poorest 600 million children by giving them the world’s best digital learning content at their fingertips. Most of them are not achieving minimum proficiency levels in reading and math today. We have created a digital education program based on the EIDU platform, which provides teacher guides, personalised learning for young children, and continuous assessments that allow us to validate our impact and improve. Our implementation program works in the lowest-income areas where it’s especially hard to get the high-quality education that all children deserve. Our solution enables children to learn by themselves, at their own pace, at a fraction of the cost of other alternatives.
We have been implementing EIDU in public and private schools in Kenya with over 90,000 learners regularly using our app and have developed a training process that leads to over 90% of new teachers actively using the app every day after only one training session. Our ambitious plans do not stop here as we plan to transform the education system worldwide and reach 300 million children by 2030. Our team of 70+ is currently based mainly in Berlin and Nairobi. Will you be part of it?
What you will be doing
- Own and improve the accounting unit in Kenya, including preparation of accounts, (investor/donor) financial reporting, and budget reconciliation
- Take ownership of EIDU’s compliance with financial policies and regulations in kenya
- Compute taxes and prepare tax returns
- Handle monthly, quarterly and annual closings and improve reporting standards
- Reinforce financial data confidentiality and conduct database backups when necessary
Who we are looking for
- You are aligned with EIDU’s mission and seek to have a positive impact in the world
- You have a Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or similar qualification
- You have 3-4 years of experience working in the accounting team of an international start-up, renowned international corporation or non-profit
- You speak and write English at a professional level
- You are flexible / attracted to work in a dynamic and continuous improving environment
- You have advanced knowledge of Excel / Google Sheets and Quickbooks
- You are comfortable working both independently and as part of a multicultural team across multiple countries
- You have experience with non-profits and donor reporting
What we offer
- Being part of a social mission-driven yet business-minded EdTech start-up
- A fast career track as we scale up like only few other organisations can match
- A highly talented and diverse international team with supportive, non-hierarchical and fun environment
- Flexible work culture combining remote and office work
- Competitive compensation package, flexible work hours, generous holidays policy
- Contributing directly to solving a pressing global inequality problem by improving what we do and how we do it on a daily basis
If this resonates with you, please get in touch
Please submit your CV and motivation letter, indicating in the email subject the job title, to firstname.lastname@example.org.
EIDU is proud to be an equal opportunity employer prohibiting discrimination and harassment of any kind. We want to work with the best people no matter how they look, dress, or speak, or whom they love, or believe in. We are committed to building a team that represents various backgrounds, perspectives, and skills, as we believe diverse teams with complementary skill sets make the strongest teams.