At EIDU, we are creating the next-generation ed-tech platform for children in low-income countries who do not have access to the high-quality education that all children deserve. This is only possible because Data is at the heart of everything we do. Our platform distributes interactive learning content to students and teachers, personalizes their learning experience, and analyzes the children’s progress in order to optimize the content being delivered to them.
We currently have tens of thousands of daily active learners in Kenya and expect to be operating across the globe within the next decade. We already generate millions of data points every day and this number is only set to grow fast (3x annually). Our team uses this wealth of data to try to answer one of the most challenging and pressing issues of our time – how to eliminate global learning poverty? We are looking for a new team member to help solve this complex problem, could this be you?
EIDU is currently funded by leading development agencies, foundations, and impact investors, and we are about to tap into the trillion-dollar education market.
Generally our rapid expansion means you must be comfortable undertaking or learning to undertake a diverse set of data related tasks rather than just specializing in one area! Overall you will be providing all business functions at EIDU with the analysis they need.
Here are a couple of current examples:
- Building and maintaining Tableau dashboards for our coaches in the field, used day-to-day for tracking performance of their schools.
- Tableau overviews to be used by Coaches, their supervisors and government officials.
- Understand activation and retention of schools and optimize processes to achieve better results
- Analyzing business impacts (learning outcome, costs etc.) from changes we implement
- Integrating cost per learner information into learning usage analysis
- Expanding the data platform through collaboration with our data engineers
What we offer:
- Conducting unique and novel analysis with from many data sources
- An international and passionate team located primarily in Berlin & Nairobi, who support and challenge each other to achieve our great goal: quality education for all.
- A modern company culture that emphasizes transparency and autonomy. We care about results, not time spent at the office, so there is a high degree of flexibility with regard to working hours, vacations, and the place you choose to work (including fully remote, except for 1 week per quarter in our Berlin or Nairobi office).
- Agile and data-driven decision-making on all levels of the organization.
- Exciting field trips to visit our users in Africa (currently in Kenya).
- A competitive salary and a (seriously) unparalleled equity scheme.
- Social impact like no one else: we are fixing one of the world’s biggest problems.
What you should bring:
- The desire to use your skills to bring about positive social change.
- 2 – 5 years of experience as a data analyst (if you are a Senior, we can adjust the role)
- Skilled in report design, A/B testing and other analysis techniques to generate actionable insight
- Extensive experience developing analytic solutions in Tableau or a similar BI tool
- Background in SQL with the ability to build self-service frameworks for data consumers
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to translate and present technical analysis to a non-technical audience
- Experience in the education or development sector is a plus
If this resonates with you, there is no time to waste
Please submit CV and portfolio to email@example.com.