Over 600 million children are not achieving basic literacy or numeracy, drastically diminishing their chance at a fulfilling life. With the rapid penetration of smartphones in Africa, for the first time in history, we will be able to reach these children at a massive scale.
EIDU’s mission is to educate the world’s poorest millions of children by giving them the world’s best learning content at their fingertips. As a start, we have created a learning app for young children in low-income areas, where the high-quality teaching the children need is scarce. Our solution enables children to learn by themselves, at their own pace, at a fraction of the cost of other alternatives.
We’re growing fast – from 10,000 active learners in 2019 through 30,000 in early 2021 to an expected 1,000,000 in 2023. We are operating in Lagos, Nairobi and Mombasa, and are planning to expand to other cities. Over the next years, we will assist the world’s poorest children by building the next generation’s global EdTech learning platform.
Our team of 25 is currently based in Berlin, Lagos, Nairobi and Mombasa.
Watch our founder at TEDx (How can we provide quality education for all by 2030? | Bernd Roggendorf | TEDxHamburg) and here is our latest video: EIDU – Join us
- Become an integral part of the Operations team, working in an agile environment with team mates across multiple locations and nationalities
- Work in an entrepreneurial, result-oriented way to increase EIDU’s core KPIs, such as acquisition growth, activation and retention
- Closely support the Head of Growth Africa and country leads
- Get end-to-end responsibility for selected areas
You will work on the following responsibilities and projects:
- Developing growth strategies and plans for West and East African countries, later other areas
- Managing and retaining relationships with existing key partners e.g. hardware providers, school associations, governments etc.
- Piloting and developing partnerships with governments and their public schools
- Performing product and market research activities to improve our product and company’s value proposition for schools and children
- Strong alignment with EIDU’s mission and affinity with (and preferably experience in) education
- An obsession with making the world a better place
- Strong problem solving skills and a razor-sharp focus on tangible results
- High sense of autonomy and excellent self-starter and self-management skills
- An in-depth knowledge of business products and value proposition
- High empathy levels that allow you to really understand our customers (potentially outside of your own cultural background)
- Strong interpersonal skills and a positive and flexible attitude
- Ability to operate and get things done in a very lean, resource-constrained startup environment
- A Bachelor’s degree
- A minimum of 3 years cognate work experience
- Big plus: Having started a company or worked in a tech start-up
- Big plus: Professional experience in developing countries
- Big plus: Experience in working in (remote) multicultural team
- The opportunity to work every day on solving a pressing global inequality problem
- The chance to be part of building up an early stage tech start up by supporting its strategy and business model formation and continuously improving what we do and how we do it
- A highly talented, spirited and diverse international team, based in Berlin, Nairobi, Mombasa, and Lagos
- Passionate and fun team members, who support and challenge each other
- Working across different locations (our African hubs in Nairobi and Lagos, and potentially our expansion markets in Africa)
- An opportunity to learn fast from caring and experienced entrepreneurs
- Visa support
If this resonates with you, get in touch with us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We are eager to get to know you!