At EIDU, we create a learning platform on mobile devices for young children in poor areas where it’s hard to get the high-quality education that all children deserve. Our vision is to educate the world’s poorest 1 billion children by building the next generation global edtech learning platform. We are looking for a Country Director Kenya (Training) who will lead our training team on the ground.
What we do and why
We believe that all children should be given the chance to reach their full intellectual potential. For that, they need a proper foundation early on. It is our mission to help them acquire foundational skills before they start school and then support them further. Our solution enables them to receive the best learning content in the world on an app platform. EIDU is already used in schools with several hundred thousand children in informal settlements in Kenya, Nigeria and soon Ghana. We recommend watching our short EIDU videos for more information: https://eidu.com/v1/ and https://eidu.com/v2/.
- Lead and build our growing training team (currently 10, growing to 50+) in Kenya and work directly with the management team in Germany that consists of very experienced serial entrepreneurs and experts in the field of Education
- Report directly to the Head of Growth Africa
- Your team will be responsible for acquiring, training and retaining schools in low income areas in East Africa. The team will consist of former teachers who work as EIDU coaches / trainers.
- Support our expansion into other African markets
- Be based in Nairobi with regular travel inside Kenya and to other East African countries
- Work in an entrepreneurial, result-oriented way to increase the core KPIs of EIDU (e.g. number of active children and schools)
Your experience includes
- 4-6 years of work experience
- Having lead a team of 15+ people for at least one year
- Must-have: Experience leading operational (field) teams in Africa (e.g. customer support, training, sales etc.)
- Must have: You have worked in a start-up or entrepreneurial environment that’s fast-paced and result-oriented
- Experience working with cross-cultural teams (e.g. having worked or studied in the US or Europe or having worked in Africa in a company from the US or Europe)
- Having worked in Sub-Saharan Africa for at least 1 year
- A university degree (Master’s preferred)
- A drive to make the world a better place
- Ability and willingness to lead others (leadership experience is a must)
- Strong operational skills and a focus on results
- Autonomy, flexibility and excellent self-management skills to prosper in a dynamic startup environment
- The ability to implement processes & ensure they are followed & improved
- Strong interpersonal skills and a positive and flexible attitude
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English
- Advanced MS Office or Google Docs skills
- An excellent international team (from 9 countries)
- Passionate colleagues, who support each other to achieve our great vision
- A lot of flexibility. We focus only on results and you can decide how to achieve them.
- An attractive compensation scheme consisting of a competitive salary and very significant company shares
- An opportunity to have meaningful positive impact and help change the world for the better
If this resonates with you, there is no time to waste
Please submit CV, availability and expected remuneration to firstname.lastname@example.org