We believe that all children should be given the chance to reach their full intellectual potential. However, more than 600 million children in the world do not achieve foundational skills like literacy and basic numeracy – despite the majority of them going to school.
At EIDU, we create the next-generation ed-tech platform for children in low-income countries who do not have access to the high-quality education that all children deserve. Our platform distributes interactive learning content to students and teachers, personalizes their learning experience, and analyzes the children’s progress in order to optimize the content being delivered to them.
EIDU is currently funded by well-known development agencies, foundations, and impact investors, and we are about to tap into the billion-dollar education market
We are looking for a senior UX/ UI Designer to shape and evolve the design of our educational platform
- Work with colleagues from Operations, Learning, Product, and Engineering in cross-functional teams
- Execute all design stages from user research, low/high fidelity design, validation to hand-off to engineeringIteratively improve our existing UI/UX of our platform
- Maintain design systems and libraries for UI elements
- Use scribbles/wireframes/mockups to visualize ideas
- Influence storyboards, user flows, process flows and site maps along with Product Managers to effectively communicate interaction and design ideas
- Establish and promote best practices for design guidelines and processes
- A strong drive to make the world a better place with the help of software
- Minimum 5 years of experience working as a UX/UI designer
- Demonstrable product design skills with a strong portfolio
- A solid understanding of user experience, user research, information architecture, interaction design and UI design, the user centered design process and design principles
- Problem solving and communication skills that demonstrate you know how to understand the users’ needs and can translate those needs into modern and intuitive experiences. You’re able to ask the right questions, give feedback and critique your own solutions
- Both conceptual and visual design skills
- Ability to use common design tools and services like Adobe XD, Figma and Miro
- Deep knowledge and interest in digital trends and cutting edge design
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum development process is a plus.
- Excellent English communication skills
- Plus if you speak Swahili
- The opportunity to directly contribute to solving a pressing global inequality problem by improving what we do and how we do it
- A highly talented and diverse international team based in Berlin and Nairobi with professionals in learning experience design, UX, psychology, systems development & data analysis
- Passionate and fun team members, who support and challenge each other to achieve our vision
If this resonates with you, there is no time to waste
Please submit CV and portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org.