Over 600 million children are not achieving minimum proficiency levels in reading and math. With the rapid penetration of smartphones in Africa, for the first time in history, we will be able to reach these children at a massive scale.
At EIDU, we want to educate the world’s poorest 1 billion children by giving them the world’s best learning content at their fingertips. As a start, we have created a learning app for young children in the lowest-income areas where it’s especially hard to get the high-quality education that all children deserve. Our solution enables children to learn by themselves, at their own pace, at a fraction of the cost of other alternatives. Over the next years, we will serve the world’s poorest children at scale by building the next generation global edtech learning platform.
For more information, visit our website eidu.com and watch our video at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=87sRPuBwsY4.
We are looking for a Fundraising / Grant Writer / External Communications Consultant with a background in education to help us achieve our mission: Solving Education Inequality.
- Independently apply for large grants (100,000 – 3 million EUR)
- Be responsible for conducting the full range of activities required toprepare, submit, and manage grant proposals to foundation andcorporate sources.
- Writing, submitting and managing grant proposals
- Develop relationships with potential partners
- Create presentations, press releases, website texts and articles about EIDU
- Ensure EIDU is represented at top events in the education sector and inrelevant media channels
- Work directly with EIDU’s CEO in Berlin
- Proven fundraising experience, preferably in the (primary) education space
- Successfully applied for grants > 100.000 EUR for non profit or socialenterprise
- Work experience in education, ideally for a global private or public donor
- Creativity, imagination and an entrepreneurial attitude towards fundraising
- Excellent English written communication skills
- Big plus: Experience in Africa
- Big plus: Experience in an innovative technology environment
Your experience includes
- A Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Education, Journalism, Business Administration or related fields
- Big plus: Work experience in written communication (PR, journalism or similar)
What we offer
- Working in an entrepreneurial, fun, and result-oriented environment with highly talented people who care
- Being part of a social mission-driven yet business-minded start up, founded by highly successful serial tech entrepreneurs
- Contributing directly to solving a pressing global inequality problem by improving what we do and how we do it on a daily basis
- A travel budget to attend relevant events
- Monthly retainer plus 2% of any funds raised
- Full time with flexible working hours, remote work
If this resonates with you, there is no time to waste
Please submit CV and availability to firstname.lastname@example.org.