At EIDU, we want to educate the world’s poorest 600 million children by giving them the world’s best digital learning content at their fingertips. Most of them are not achieving minimum proficiency levels in reading and math today. We have created a digital education program based on the EIDU platform, which provides teacher guides, personalized learning for young children, and continuous assessments that allow us to validate our impact and improve. Our implementation program works in the lowest-income areas where it’s especially hard to get the high-quality education that all children deserve. Our solution enables children to learn by themselves, at their own pace, at a fraction of the cost of other alternatives.
We have been implementing EIDU in public and private schools in Kenya with over 35,000 learners regularly using our app and have developed a training process that leads to over 90% of new teachers actively using the app every day after only one training session. Our ambitious plans do not stop here as we plan to transform the education system worldwide and reach 300 million children by 2030. Our team of 70+ is currently based mainly in Berlin and Nairobi. Will you be part of it?
About the role
We are looking to strengthen our small and ambitious Fundraising team with a Fundraising Manager. You will report to the Fundraising Director. You will lead the whole donor cycle, with a focus on identifying and building funding relationships with a wide range of donors (foundations, corporations, and public).
- Identify donors aligned with our strategy through prospect research and landscape analyses, and build strategies to engage.
- Prepare compelling materials for donor meetings (presentations, research-driven talking points).
- Build an understanding of the EIDU model to allow you to identify ‘matches’ of donor priorities and our programs. This is crucial to be able to respond to complex donor questions.
- Quickly after onboarding, manage donor prospects and relationships independently
Creation of complex grant proposals and reports:
- This includes directly writing high-value proposals and reports in collaboration with department heads and our Finance team to ensure our documents include fact-based narrative and budget updates
- Develop donor pitches targeted specifically for each prospect
- Work with external editors to produce high-quality materials
Manage and develop others:
- As we plan to continue expanding our Fundraising team over the next few years, we are looking for someone who could see herself or himself building a career with our organization in the long term. We would expect this role to include a team management component within the next 2 years.
- Provide ad-hoc support to the Fundraising Director, including managing existing donor communications, meeting logistics, field visits, conferences, and other related activities
As a young and ambitious organization, EIDU has a strong culture of constant learning, and we invest in developing our people and empowering them to work as independently as possible. You will have weekly check-ins with your manager, and regular feedback on your performance. We hold career reviews every twelve months and set aside time to discuss your aspirations and career goals. You will have the opportunity to shape a growing organization and build a rewarding long-term career.
Who we are looking for
- You have at least 4 years of fundraising work experience with a track record in securing 6 to 7 figures (USD) in grants, ideally in the social (education) sector or international development sector
- You are confident in stewarding donors through the fundraising process
- Ability to manage complex projects simultaneously
- At ease in summarizing complex information and producing value-adding research reports
- You possess excellent written and oral communication skills in English
- You are comfortable operating in a lean, fast-paced environment
- You are willing and able to occasionally travel within/to Kenya
- You are passionate about the EIDU mission. You believe in the power of digital education as a means to transform children’s lives.
What we offer
- Being part of a social mission-driven yet business-minded startup, founded by highly successful serial tech entrepreneurs
- A highly talented and diverse international team with a supportive, non-hierarchical, and fun environment
- Contributing directly to solving a pressing global inequality problem by improving what we do and how we do it on a daily basis
- Growing your responsibilities as we significantly grow our scale
- Flexible work culture combining remote and office work
- A competitive compensation package, flexible work hours, generous holidays policy
Preferably Nairobi or Berlin. Other locations to be considered on a case by case basis (possession of the country-specific work permits is a strict requirement to apply for this position).
EIDU is proud to be an equal opportunity employer prohibiting discrimination and harassment of any kind. We want to work with the best people no matter how they look, dress, speak, or whom they love, or believe in. We are committed to building a team that represents various backgrounds, perspectives, and skills, as we believe diverse teams with complementary skill sets make the strongest teams.
If this resonates with you, there is no time to waste