At EIDU, we want to bring quality education to the world’s poorest 600 million children by giving them the world’s best digital learning content at their ﬁngertips. Most of them are not achieving minimum proﬁciency levels in reading and math today. We have created a learning app platform for young children that works in the lowest-income areas where it’s especially hard to get the high-quality education that all children deserve. Our solution enables children to learn by themselves, at their own pace, and enables teachers to access daily lesson plans to guide their teaching. All of this at a fraction of the cost of other alternatives.
We have established EIDU in public pre-primary schools in 7 counties in Kenya (Nairobi, Mombasa, Kiambu, Murang’a, Embu, Machakos and Makueni), with over 95,000 learners regularly using our app and developed a training process that leads to 99% of new teachers actively using the app every day after only one training session. And our plans do not stop here.
We are looking for a Human Resource Officer to join the Human Resource Team. The HR department supports the achievement of EIDU’s organizational objectives through the implementation of best HR policies and practices. We would prefer a starting date as soon as possible, ideally in August or September 2023.
What will you be doing
- Improve, develop, document, and lead the implementation of personnel processes and systems.
- Automation of HR policies and systems.
- Ensure compliance of HR policies and processes at EIDU.
- Ensure employees are well on-boarded into the organization and develop an effective off-boarding process for employees.
- Maintaining proper personnel records.
- Offer HR support to the Head of HR in providing HR expertise in all aspects of HR functions.
- Work closely with the Talent Manager during recruitment.
- Champion the onboarding process, ensuring the process is up to date and of high quality, providing clarity and connection for all employees and their role in relation to the overall vision.
- Support in the implementation of staff motivation programs which include employee development, compensation, benefits, performance management, safety, and recreation programs.
- Develop and cultivate active two-way communication with all levels of employees and the management.
- Handling termination procedures.
- Maintaining and reporting on workplace health and safety compliance.
- Provide support to the payroll team in developing, implementing, and evaluating the HR/payroll functions.
- Providing the Management with HR Reports and Budgets.
- Handling labour disputes at the County Labour Offices.
Who we are looking for
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Human Resources or other related field.
- At least 3 – 4 years of experience as an HR Generalist.
- Has work experience in a startup organization.
- Good HR Management System Skills.
- Good knowledge of the country’s labor laws.
- Exceptional communication skills, writing skills, interpersonal skills, and ethical mindset.
- Adept to problem-solving and conflict resolution.
- Extensive knowledge of HR policies and systems.
- Familiarity with HR software and working knowledge of GSuite.
What we offer
- Being part of a social mission-driven yet business-minded start up, founded by highly successful serial tech entrepreneurs
- Working in an entrepreneurial, fun, and result-oriented environment with highly talented people who care
- Contributing directly to solving a pressing global inequality problem by improving what we do and how we do it on a daily basis
- Growing your responsibilities as we grow our scale
- Competitive compensation package
If this resonates with you, there is no time to waste
Please submit your CV, a one-paragraph motivation letter, and your earliest start date to email@example.com.