Over 600 million children are not achieving minimum proficiency levels in reading and math. With the rapid penetration of smartphones in Africa, for the first time in history, we will be able to reach these children at a massive scale.
At EIDU, we want to educate the world’s poorest 1 billion children by giving them the world’s best learning content at their fingertips. As a start, we have created a learning app for young children in the lowest-income areas where it’s especially hard to get the high-quality education that all children deserve. Our solution enables children to learn by themselves, at their own pace, at a fraction of the cost of other alternatives. Over the next years, we will serve the world’s poorest 1 billion children by building the next generation global edtech learning platform.
We are looking for a Junior Sales Manager for our expansion to Ivory Coast. Your mission will be to acquire and onboard new customers in Abidjan and coordinate with all relevant local stakeholders (i.e. school organisations, local government).
We’ll require your service for a period of 1 month, starting as soon as possible. Contract extension beyond the initial period is an option, depending on your performance and overall strategy development.
What you will be doing
- Be the local EIDU representative for all relevant stakeholders (government and non-government, with meeting-support from Kenya and Germany)
- Execute sales processes to acquire new school directors as customers and to ensure they and their teachers are successfully onboarded
- Ensure operational excellence in everything we do in Ivory Coast
- Proactively act upon insights and feedback from the field to improve our customers’ experience
- Proactively share insights from the field: be the voice of the customers and provide us with their feedback
Your objectives in this first month:
- Identify min. 5 leads in Abidjan (low-fee private schools)
- Run a sales meeting with 3-5 school directors to gather their feedback and help us test product-market fit. Report back in great details to help us determine what to improve.
- Obtain a sign-off for a first pilot with at least one school
What we are looking for
- You are based in Abidjan and available to meet school directors in person
- You are comfortable dealing with people, from small meetings with key stakeholders to large gatherings of school directors (up to 150)
- You have what it takes to convince government, non governmental and school stakeholders to collaborate with EIDU
- You have experience working in an international organization
- Experience in sales and/or the education space would be a big plus
- Preferably 2-3 years of experience in a similar position
- End-to-end ownership: you see a project through from start to finish, taking advantage of valuable opportunities that present themselves along the way
- You are a problem solver, who gets stuff done and acts fast
- You are comfortable operating in a lean, resource-constrained start-up environment and flexible to adapt your role and responsibilities as needed
- Passion for EIDU’s mission overall and for EIDU’s customers in particular
- Fluent spoken and written English and French
What we offer
- Being part of a social mission-driven yet business-minded start up, founded by highly successful serial tech entrepreneurs
- Working in an entrepreneurial, fun, and result-oriented environment with highly talented people who care
- Contributing directly to solving a pressing global inequality problem by improving what we do and how we do it on a daily basis
- Growing your responsibilities as we grow our scale
If this resonates with you, there is no time to waste
Please submit your CV, a one-paragraph motivation letter, and your earliest start date to firstname.lastname@example.org.