At EIDU, we create a mobile learning platform for young children in low income areas where it’s hard to get the high-quality education that all children deserve.
We are looking for a Product Designer / Product Manager who will develop solutions for our challenges: How to solve our customers’ problems? How to increase learning? How to engage teachers and parents into the project?
What we do and why
We believe that all children should be given the chance to reach their full intellectual potential, however more than 600 million children in the world are not even learning foundational skills like reading and basic math despite the majority of them going to school. Our solution enables them to learn by themselves and provide teachers with high quality teaching support. It works globally, even on the cheapest smartphones and tablets.
We are developing the EIDU system in the toughest conditions we could find: with many thousand children in two of the largest urban slums in Africa in Nairobi and we are on our way to scale to many different places in the world. We collect data from all players, children, teachers, parents and school owners and so have a vast, rich dataset, qualitative and quantitative. If you would like to know more, see the TEDx talk about EIDU’s beginning at www.eidu.com
- Work out of our Nairobi office to collaborate with our team in Kenya to choose validated, valuable problems to solve or opportunities to embrace.
- Use your experience in agile product development, design thinking or similar methodologies and create a very fast test environment in Nairobi to quickly come up with the best ideas and solutions to our current product challenges and opportunities.
- Work in a result-oriented way to increase the core KPIs of EIDU like teacher engagement.
- Use qualitative and quantitative methods to understand our users and how they use our products.
- Help the team that implements your stories to understand the problem, compare and contrast opportunities and select among possible solutions.
- Coach and nurture those of your colleagues who want to move towards a product management role.
Your experience includes
- Two years or more experience in product design, UX user research, product management of one or more successful, preferably consumer-focused, digital app products
- Worked in product / UX user research team in a well-funded international mobile company with a best in class product team and process and at least a total team of 30 people in all functions
- Big plus: experience with a digital product or app for low income / bottom of the pyramid customers
- A drive to make the world a better place with the help of software.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills – we speak English here.
- Preferably worked in education or edtech or for a mobile app product.
- An international rockstar team (from 9 countries) with professionals in learning experience design, UX, product management, psychology, systems development & data analysis.
- Passionate colleagues who support and challenge each other to achieve our great vision.
- An attractive compensation scheme consisting of a competitive salary and company shares.
- Real possibilities to improve what we do and how we do it.
If this resonates with you, there is no time to waste
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org with an application letter and your CV.