We believe that all children should be given the chance to reach their full intellectual potential. However, more than 600 million children in the world do not achieve foundational skills like literacy and basic numeracy – despite the majority of them going to school.
At EIDU, we create the next-generation ed-tech platform for children in low-income countries who do not have access to the high-quality education that all children deserve. Our platform distributes interactive learning content to students and teachers, personalizes their learning experience, and analyses the children’s progress in order to optimise the content being delivered to them.
EIDU is currently funded by well-known development agencies, foundations, and impact investors, and we are about to tap into the billion-dollar education market.
What we offer
- A modern company culture that emphasizes transparency and autonomy. We care about results, not time spent at the office, so there is a high degree of flexibility with regard to working hours, vacations, and the place you choose to work.
- An all-senior engineering team with whom you will build high-quality software by applying DevOps and striving for great software craftsmanship. Current tech stack:
- App: Kotlin, Android, Espresso
- Backend: Kotlin, serverless, AWS, Terraform, FaunaDB, Redshift
- Web: Vue.js
- Agile and data-driven decision-making on all levels of the organization.
- Quarterly one-week hackathons where we freely explore new ideas.
- Social impact like no one else: we are working to fix one of the world’s biggest problems.
- Review requirements, user stories, specifications and technical design documents to provide timely and meaningful feedback.
- Create detailed, comprehensive and well-structured test plans and test cases.
- Estimate, prioritise, plan and coordinate testing activities.
- Identify, record, document thoroughly and track bugs.
- Perform thorough regression testing on releases.
- Design, develop and execute test automation scripts
- Work closely with the Scrum team to ensure the process of building software promotes quality.
- Stay up to date with new testing tools and test strategies.
What you should bring
We are looking for a Quality Assurance (QA) engineer to develop and execute manual and automated tests to ensure product quality.
The QA engineer responsibilities include reviewing system requirements, designing and implementing manual and automated tests and reporting bugs and verifying corrective actions.
The QA engineer role plays an important part in EIDU’s product development process. Our ideal candidate will be responsible for conducting tests before product launches to ensure software runs smoothly. If you hold an engineering background and enjoy providing end-to-end solutions to software quality problems, we’d like to meet you.
- 5 years of work experience in software quality assurance and automation
- Strong knowledge of software QA methodologies, tools and processes
- Experience writing clear, concise and comprehensive test plans and test cases
- Experience writing test automation scripts; preferably in Kotlin or Java
- Good understanding of Android testing and Espresso
- Familiarity with back-end integration tests
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Certification in ISTQB and scrum is an added advantage
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related field
- An eagerness to visit and work with our users in the field.
If this resonates with you, get in touch with us at email@example.com. We are eager to get to know you!