We believe that all children should be given the chance to reach their full potential. However, more than 600 million children in the world do not achieve foundational skills like literacy and basic numeracy – despite the majority of them going to school.
At EIDU, we are creating the next-generation ed-tech platform for children in low- and middle-income countries who do not have access to the high-quality education that all children deserve. Our platform distributes interactive learning content to students and teachers, optimizes the content being delivered to the children based on their progress, and continuously measures their learning development.
We currently have 200,000 active students in low-cost private and public schools in Kenya, and we will scale nationwide by 2026. An externally run randomized control trial has found students in the EIDU program have a 65% higher learning rate than students in the control group.
EIDU is currently funded by well-known development agencies, foundations, and impact investors, and we are about to tap into the billion-dollar education market. If you’d like to learn more about us, watch this two-minute video.
With a mission like EIDU’s, diversity of thought and background within our team is crucial. We value those who can bring a diverse perspective to our platform and help us provide high-quality education to as many children as we can across the globe.
In this role, you will
- Be responsible for bringing our currently outsourced accounting function in house.
- Take ownership of accounting policies and procedures.
- Be responsible for ensuring timely and accurate financial statements.
- Develop systems for efficient and accurate financial reporting to donors and funders.
- Coordinate with relevant staff to ensure that project budgets, accounting, and fiscal control procedures are implemented effectively.
- Provide support to the internal and external audit functions.
- Liaise with internal and external auditors in the review of project financial management.
- Review proposals, work plans and budgets to ensure they meet the overall project objectives.
- Work closely with the Office Manager to compile and organize financial documents for accurate bookkeeping.
- Support the Head of Finance in budgeting and forecasting activities.
What you should bring
- You are aligned with EIDU’s mission and seek to have a positive impact in the world.
- The desire to use your skills to bring about positive social change.
- Familiarity with German accounting standards.
- Relevant education or certifications (e.g CPA, CMA) in accounting or finance.
- Speaking and writing German and English at a professional level.
- Ability to comfortably work both independently and as part of a multicultural team across multiple countries.
Nice to have:
- Experience with DATEV.
- Experience with data analysis tools, such as tableau, Power BI or others.
- Commercial and entrepreneurial mindset.
- Understanding or experience of social enterprise, social business or charities and with the complexities of accounting for donors.
What we offer
- Flexible work culture combining remote and office work. We are also open to up to 70% part-time.
- An international and passionate team located in Kenya and Germany, who support and help each other grow to achieve the great goal we set out for.
- A fast career track as we scale up, that only few organizations can match.
- A highly talented and diverse international team within a supportive, non-hierarchical and fun environment.
- A well-located, unique office in central Berlin for office days when you want to meet your colleagues in person.
- Competitive compensation package, flexible work hours, unlimited holidays, and weekly team lunches.
- A (seriously) unparalleled equity scheme.
- Social impact like no one else: we are working to fix one of the world’s biggest problems.
If this resonates with you, please get in touch with us at email@example.com. We are eager to get to know you!