At EIDU, we are creating the next-generation ed-tech platform for children in low-income countries who do not have access to the high-quality education that all children deserve. This is only possible because Data is at the heart of everything we do. Our platform distributes interactive learning content to students and teachers, personalizes their learning experience, and analyses the children’s progress in order to optimise the content being delivered to them.
We currently have tens of thousands of daily active learners in Kenya, Nigeria and Ghana and expect to be operating across the globe within the next decade. We already generate millions of data points every day and this number is only set to grow. Our data team uses this to try to answer one of the most challenging and pressing issues of our time – how to eliminate global learning poverty? We are looking for a new team member to help solve this complex problem, could this be you?
EIDU is currently funded by leading development agencies, foundations, and impact investors, and we are about to tap into the trillion-dollar education market.
- Building and maintaining dashboards for tracking and analysing the engagement of our teachers and schools
- Analysing learning impacts from changes we implement using our innovative assessment platform
- Further developing our product analytics capabilities with tools such as Mixpanel
What we offer
- Conducting unique and novel analysis with large datasets
- An international and passionate team located in Berlin, Nairobi, and Lagos, who support and challenge each other to achieve the great goal we set out for.
- A modern company culture that emphasizes transparency and autonomy. We care about results, not time spent at the office, so there is a high degree of flexibility with regard to working hours, vacations, and the place you choose to work (including fully remote within a 3-hour flight radius).
- Agile and data-driven decision-making on all levels of the organization.
- Exciting field trips to visit our users in Africa (currently in Kenya, Nigeria, and Ghana).
- A competitive salary and a (seriously) unparalleled equity scheme.
- Social impact like no one else: we are working to fix one of the world’s biggest problems.
What you should bring
- The desire to use your skills to bring about positive social change.
- 3 – 5 years of experience as a data analyst
- Skilled in statistical modelling, performing quantitative analysis, data mining, A/B testing and other analysis techniques to generate actionable insight
- Extensive experience developing analytic solutions in Tableau or a similar BI tool
- Strong background in SQL with the ability to build self-service frameworks for data consumers
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to translate and present technical analysis to a non-technical audience
- Experience in product analytics having set up tools such as Mixpanel from raw data would be a plus
If all this resonates with you, please get in touch with us at email@example.com.