Who we are
Over 600 million children are not achieving basic literacy or numeracy, drastically diminishing their chance at a fulfilling life. With the rapid penetration of smartphones in Africa, for the first time in history, we will be able to reach these children at scale.
EIDU’s mission is to educate the world’s poorest millions of children by giving them the world’s best learning content at their fingertips. As a start, we have created a learning app for young children in low-income areas with huge demand for high-quality teaching. Our solution enables children to learn by themselves, at their own pace, at a fraction of the cost of other alternatives.
We’re growing fast – from 10,000 active learners in 2020 through 30,000 in early 2021 to an expected 1,000,000 in 2023. We are currently operating in Kenya and Nigeria and will be expanding to Ghana this year. Over the next years, we will assist the world’s poorest children by building the next generation’s global EdTech learning platform.
Our team of 30+ is currently based in Berlin, Nairobi, and Lagos.
What you will be doing
- Contribute to setting the strategic vision and direction of EIDU’s financial trajectory
- Own and improve the overall finance unit, including FP&A, budgeting, (investor/donor) financial reporting, and supervision of annual financial audits
- Take ownership of EIDU’s relationships with service providers such as external accounting firms and lawyers in Germany, Kenya, Nigeria and soon Ghana
- Design new tracking tools, drive internal projects to increase efficiency, and support our growth in other ways
- Manage a team of administrative staff in Berlin and across Africa
- Perspectively grow into the Head of Finance role
Who we are looking for
- You are aligned with EIDU’s mission and seek to have a positive impact in the world
- You have a Master’s degree in Finance or similar qualification
- You have 3-4 years of experience working in the finance team of an international start-up, renowned international corporation or non-profit
- You speak and write German at a professional level (due to some external service providers)
- You are flexible / attracted to work in a dynamic and continuous improving environment
- You have advanced knowledge of Excel / Google Sheets
- You are comfortable working both independently and as part of a multicultural team across multiple countries
- Please note that possession of a EU working permit is a strict requirement to apply for this position
- You have experience with non-profits and donor reporting
- You have experience with data analysis tools, such as powerBI or others
What we offer
- Being part of a social mission-driven yet business-minded EdTech start-up
- A fast career track as we scale up like only few other organisations can match
- A highly talented and diverse international team with supportive, non-hierarchical and fun environment
- Flexible work culture combining remote and office work
- A well-located, unique office in central Berlin for those days you want to meet your colleagues in person
- Competitive compensation package, flexible work hours, unlimited holidays, and weekly team lunches
If this resonates with you, please get in touch
Please submit your CV and motivation letter, indicating in the email subject the job title, to firstname.lastname@example.org.
EIDU is proud to be an equal opportunity employer prohibiting discrimination and harassment of any kind. We want to work with the best people no matter how they look, dress, or speak, or whom they love, or believe in. We are committed to building a team that represents various backgrounds, perspectives, and skills, as we believe diverse teams with complementary skill sets make the strongest teams.