We believe that all children should be given the chance to reach their full intellectual potential. However, more than 600 million children in the world, predominantly in low- and middle-income countries, do not achieve foundational skills like literacy and basic numeracy – despite the majority of them going to school.
Our next-generation ed-tech platform helps governments transform their education systems. We’ve already empowered Kenyan county governments to transform the educational journeys of 200,000 students in Kenya and plan to scale nationwide by 2026. In an external randomized control trial, we saw a 65% higher learning rate for students using the EIDU program compared to those who didn’t.
We are looking for an expert in the Creative Design field, to help us go to the next level. As a member of the Technology & Learning team, you will work on elevating the user experience across EIDU’s products and web presence (Android app, Web platform, website, marketing material) and play a key role in making EIDU stand out!
In this role you will
- Bring EIDU’s design system to the next level building bridges across cultures and experiences.
- Craft digital experiences that are intuitive, inclusive, and empathetic to the challenges our users face.
- Participate in UX design together with Product Managers and our UX team.
- Drive the UI design process across two cross-functional Squads that develop EIDU’s web platform and Android applications.
- Iteratively improve our platform’s UI/UX.
- Use scribbles/wireframes/mockups to visualize ideas.
- Influence storyboards, user flows, process flows and site maps along with Product Managers to effectively communicate interaction and design ideas.
- Use usability tests to understand strengths and weaknesses of current and future designs.
- Create high-fidelity prototypes for usability testing and handover to Engineering.
- Co-design quantitative tests to validate designs.
- Support Marketing and Sales teams with branding and marketing materials.
- Work with colleagues from Operations, Learning, Product, and Engineering in cross-functional teams.
What we offer
- 📱 Technological entrepreneurship with a deep commitment to social impact. The opportunity to directly contribute to solving a pressing global inequality problem.
- 🌐 An international and passionate team located in Kenya and Germany, who support and help each other grow to achieve the great goal we set out for.
- ☔ A financial runway that ensures you have the security and resources you need to excel in your role.
- ✈️ Exciting trips to the partner schools in Kenya and new implementation countries to see your impact firsthand and meet our teachers and learners.
- 🧘🏿♀️ Work-life harmony, flexible hours, vacations, and up to four work-from-home days a week. You know what schedule works best for you.
- 👐🏾 An open environment where feedback is welcomed, promoting mutual growth and transparency.
- 🚧 Unconventional and unique experiences given the environment that we operate in: low-cost devices, limited connectivity, non-tech-savvy users, and massive scale.
- 🏗️ Quarterly one-week hackathons to explore new ideas.
- 💰 A (seriously) unparalleled equity scheme.
- 🇬🇧 A multicultural work setting. Our working language is English. No German is required.
What you should bring
- The desire to use your skills to bring about positive social change.
- A portfolio showcasing a history of impactful projects.
- A focus on meaningful outcomes rather than just finishing tasks.
- Experience in bridging business and user needs.
- Whether it’s Figma or the next big design tool, you’re on top of the latest in UX and UI Design.
- Familiarity with best design practices for Web and Android app design.
- You have designed more complex software such as B2B software platforms or data visualization dashboards.
- You are adaptable and able to work with fast iterations.
- Bonus points if you speak Swahili, have experience in Graphics Design, Game Design, or any other unique skills that contribute to our team’s strength!
If this resonates with you, and you think you could help us make a difference, please get in touch with us at email@example.com
You don’t have to add a cover letter, but please share your CV, a link to your portfolio and answers to the following 3 questions (max. 100 words each).
- What is your motivation for applying to this role at EIDU?
- What do you like most about Product Design?
- What would be the preferred design process you would implement at EIDU?
EIDU is an inclusive workplace for people of all backgrounds and walks of life. We especially encourage women, as well as members of other groups underrepresented in the technology industry, to apply. We look forward to hearing from you and to working together on this exciting chance to make a global change.