At EIDU, we create a learning app for young children in low-income areas where it’s hard to get the high-quality education that all children deserve. Our vision is to improve education for these children by building the next-generation global ed-tech platform.
We believe that all children should be given the chance to reach their full intellectual potential. However, more than 600 million children in the world do not even learn foundational skills like reading and basic math, despite the majority of them going to school. Our Android-based solution enables them to learn by themselves and provides teachers with high-quality teaching support. It works globally, even on the cheapest smartphones and tablets.
We began developing EIDU in the toughest conditions we could find: with more than 5,000 children in the largest urban informal settlements in Africa, located in Nairobi, Kenya, and we are on our way to scale to many different places in the world – currently, to Ivory Coast and Nigeria. We use our vast and rich set of usage data to make data-driven decisions on every level of our organization.
How we work
- A free culture, emphasizing autonomy, flexibility, and agility using Scrum.
- We build highly available, low-maintenance, high-quality applications by
applying DevOps and focusing on writing Clean Code.
- Current technologies:
- App: Android, Kotlin
- Backend: serverless, Kotlin, AWS, Terraform, FaunaDB, Redshift
What you should bring
- A minimum of 5 years experience in writing code
- A proven record of developing production-grade software in a team
- A passion for writing clean, maintainable, functional and testable code
Experience with our tech stack, or with mobile app or game development is not required; we care about your advanced software engineering skills rather than what technologies you have used!
What we offer
- An international team of passionate people located in Berlin and Nairobi, who support and challenge each other to achieve the great goal we set out for.
- We focus on results, not time spent at the office, so there is a high degree of
flexibility regarding working hours, vacations, and the place of your work.
- We pay decent salaries, but we cannot provide market rates yet.
Nevertheless, we have a unique option share model, and we offer social impact like no one else.
If this resonates with you, get in touch with us at email@example.com. We are eager to get to know you!