We believe that all children should be given the chance to reach their full intellectual potential. However, more than 600 million children in the world do not achieve foundational skills like literacy and basic numeracy – despite the majority of them going to school.
At EIDU, we create the next-generation ed-tech platform for children in low-income countries who do not have access to the high-quality education that all children deserve. Our platform distributes interactive learning content to students and teachers, personalizes their learning experience, and analyses the children’s progress in order to optimise the content being delivered to them.
EIDU is currently funded by well-known development agencies, foundations, and impact investors, and we are about to tap into the billion-dollar education market.
What we offer
- An international and passionate team located in Berlin, Nairobi, and Lagos, who support and challenge each other to achieve the great goal we set out for.
- An all-senior engineering team with whom you will build high-quality software by applying DevOps and striving for great software craftsmanship. Current tech stack:
- App: Kotlin, Android
- Backend: Kotlin, serverless, AWS, Terraform, FaunaDB, Redshift
- Web: Vue.js
- Unique technical challenges given the environment that we operate in: low-cost devices, limited connectivity, non-tech-savvy users, massive scale.
- A modern company culture that emphasizes transparency and autonomy. We care about results, not time spent at the office, so there is a high degree of flexibility with regard to working hours, vacations, and the place you choose to work (including fully remote within a 3-hour flight radius).
- Agile and data-driven decision-making on all levels of the organization.
- Quarterly one-week hackathons where we freely explore new ideas.
- Exciting field trips to visit our users in Africa (currently in Kenya, Nigeria, and Ghana).
- A competitive salary and a (seriously) unparalleled equity scheme.
- Social impact like no one else: we are working to fix one of the world’s biggest problems.
What you should bring
- The desire to use your skills to bring about positive social change.
- A minimum of five years of experience in writing code and designing system architectures.
- A proven record of developing production-grade software in a team.
- A passion for writing clean, maintainable, functional, and testable code.
- Full-stack experience is a plus.
- Experience with our tech stack is not required; we care about your advanced software engineering skills rather than what technologies you have used!
If all this resonates with you, please get in touch with us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We are eager to get to know you!