Social edtech startup: educating the poorest 600 million children
At EIDU, we want to bring quality education to the world’s poorest 600 million children by giving them the world’s best digital learning content at their fingertips. Most of them are not achieving minimum proficiency levels in reading and math today. We have created a learning app platform for young children that works in the lowest-income areas where it’s especially hard to get the high-quality education that all children deserve. Our solution enables children to learn by themselves, at their own pace and enables teachers to access daily lesson plans to guide their teaching. All of this at a fraction of the cost of other alternatives.
We have established EIDU in public pre-primary schools in Nairobi and Mombasa, with over 80,000 learners regularly using our app and developed a training process that leads to over 90% of new teachers actively using the app every day after only one training session. And our plans do not stop here.
For more information, visit our website eidu.com or see our introductory video.
As EIDU is looking to expand its operations in other counties in Kenya, we are looking to hire a Regional Manager who will ensure successful implementation of EIDU programs in these counties.
What will you be doing
- Lead in County engagements and facilitating MOU agreement signing with counties
- Facilitate communications between EIDU and the Counties including organizing county ECDE Director meetings among other county stakeholders
- Coordinate with county Directors to allocate county staff in EIDU Programs
- Support in preparation of Quarterly budgets for the region including staffing, Training, materials budgets among others
- Direct recruitment and onboarding of EIDU Officers and Coaches
- Collaborate with cross functional teams to manage Master, TOT, Government Staff, and other county stakeholder trainings
- Responsible for assessing and identifying the field team training needs and maintaining a consistent culture regarding training
- Shadow field teams and government officers in conducting regular school visits
- Team capacity building and performance management.
- Oversee and take responsibility for regional quality control and performance management
- Provide day-to-day leadership and management that incorporates both the core values of EIDU and supports growth strategies at the regional level.
- Support in improving and implementing the policies and processes needed to support strategic objectives of the organization.
- 90% field based job with Occasional travel to Nairobi support office.
Who we are looking for
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Education, management or a related field from accredited university and minimum of 7 years experience in the education field
- Minimum of 3 years of training experience
- Minimum of 4 years of team management and leadership experience including direct supervision of field teams.
- Prior experience within a fast-paced, high-growth, metric-driven operational organization will be an advantage.
- In-depth understanding of traditional and modern training methods (including workshops, simulations, e-learning and coaching)
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with government representatives, and other stakeholders, at County level.
- ICT skills: G-suite, Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, task and Issues management (e.g., Asana, CRM), Android Smartphones
- Energetic, forward-thinking and creative individual with high ethical standards and an appropriate professional image.
- Strategic visionary with sound technical skills, analytical ability, good judgment and strong operational focus.
- Execution focus—you like to get things done, correctly and efficiently; you are detail-oriented, organized, and deadline-drive
What we offer
- Being part of a social mission-driven yet business-minded start-up, founded by highly successful serial tech entrepreneurs
- Working in an entrepreneurial, fun, and result-oriented environment with highly talented people who care
- Contributing directly to solving a pressing global inequality problem by improving what we do and how we do it on a daily basis
- Growing your responsibilities as we grow our scale
- Competitive compensation package
If this resonates with you, there is no time to waste
Please submit your CV, a one-paragraph motivation letter, and your earliest start date to email@example.com.