At EIDU, we want to bring quality education to the world’s poorest 600 million children by giving them the world’s best digital learning content at their fingertips. Most of them are not achieving minimum proficiency levels in reading and math today. We have created a learning app platform for young children that works in the lowest-income areas where it’s especially hard to get the high-quality education that all children deserve. Our solution enables children to learn by themselves, at their own pace and enables teachers to access daily lesson plans to guide their teaching. All of this at a fraction of the cost of other alternatives.
We have established EIDU in public pre-primary schools in Nairobi and Mombasa, with over 80,000 learners regularly using our app and developed a training process that leads to over 90% of new teachers actively using the app every day after only one training session. And our plans do not stop here.
As EIDU is looking at scaling up and growing its workforce, we are looking to hire a Talent Acquisition Manager to lead in the recruitment of new staff for the organization. The TA Manager will be responsible for not only finding and recruiting high-caliber candidates but also for representing EIDU to potential candidates as the employer of choice and also providing support in talent retention.
What will you be doing
- Work with hiring managers to create engaging and accurate job descriptions and define the skills needed for new roles
- Implement creative sourcing and marketing strategies to reach prospective applicants, including passive candidates
- Design and lead structured, culturally-aligned hiring processes that result in good decisions for EIDU and good experiences for both hiring managers and candidates
- Undertaking due diligence of experts and conducting expert reference checks;
- Learn about the compensation market for senior roles in order to set salaries according to EIDU’s market-based philosophy
- Make and close employment offers
Who we are looking for
- 5-7 years of experience seeking talent recruitment and assisting with onboarding processes
- Experience in the continual development of talent pipelines and sourcing potential candidates
- Experience in working with recruiting tools and systems, ATS, Internet sourcing tools and resume database.
- Previous experience developing and executing recruiting marketing and branding strategies
- Experience working with a diverse team and striving for fairness in hiring all races, genders, and ages
- Interpersonal skills and ability to communicate professionally
- Ability to speak knowledgeably about the company and answer any questions a potential hire may have
- Firm understanding and implementation of recruiting metrics to drive decision-making is strongly preferred
- Passionate about building a great employer brand and candidate experience.
- Excellent verbal and written English.
What we offer
- Being part of a social mission-driven yet business-minded start-up, founded by highly successful serial tech entrepreneurs
- Working in an entrepreneurial, fun, and result-oriented environment with highly talented people who care
- Contributing directly to solving a pressing global inequality problem by improving what we do and how we do it on a daily basis
- Growing your responsibilities as we grow our scale
- Competitive compensation package
If this resonates with you, there is no time to waste
Please submit your CV, a one-paragraph motivation letter, and your earliest start date to email@example.com.