At EIDU, we want to educate the world’s poorest 600 million children by giving them the world’s best digital learning content at their fingertips. Most of them are not achieving minimum proficiency levels in reading and math today. We have created a learning app for young children that works in the lowest-income areas where it’s especially hard to get the high-quality education that all children deserve. Our solution enables children to learn by themselves, at their own pace, at a fraction of the cost of other alternatives.
We’ve established EIDU in Kenyan schools with over 10,000 learners using the app and developed a training process that leads to over 90% of new teachers actively using the app every day after only one training session.
Following rapid growth, we are looking for a Training Manager for Kenya. You will be the main person on the ground executing EIDU’s trainings for low-cost schools with a team of trainers. This includes recruiting and training the trainers, maintaining an extremely high quality standard in all trainings, as well as identifying areas of improvement and implementing changes. We would prefer a starting date as soon as possible, ideally in January 2021.
What you will be doing
- Recruit, train, and lead a team of trainers
- Execute our validated trainings to onboard new schools
- Maintain an extremely high quality standard for all trainings
- Plan trainings, including scheduling, logistics, routing
- Manage the implementation of A/B tests to improve training quality and
- You’ll design a variety of content, including presentation slides, learning aids,
and practical exercises.
- You will proactively iterate on training delivery and continually improve your programs and delivery styles, using hard data on training success.
What we are looking for
- You have professional experience in delivering trainings, ideally to teachers
- You have at least 3 years of work experience
- You are willing and able to travel throughout Africa for our expansion, if
needed for weeks at a time
- You are comfortable operating in a lean, resource-constrained start-up
environment and flexible to adapt your role and responsibilities as needed
- Passion for EIDU’s mission overall and for EIDU’s customers in particular
- You have experience in leading a small team
- You have experience in a fast-growing (tech) start up
- International exposure, gained throughout your education or career, is a plus
What we offer
- Being part of a social mission-driven yet business-minded start up, founded by highly successful serial tech entrepreneurs
- Working in an entrepreneurial, fun, and result-oriented environment with highly talented people who care
- Contributing directly to solving a pressing global inequality problem by improving what we do and how we do it on a daily basis
- Growing your responsibilities as we grow our scale
- Competitive compensation package
If this resonates with you, there is no time to waste
Please submit CV, one-paragraph motivation, and available start date to firstname.lastname@example.org