Integrated Delivery: “Turnkey Service”
We implementIn Kenya, we are implementing the EIDU learning platform as a turn-key service for governments, with a targeted effort to build government capacity by providing extensive support during the first year of implementation.
Daily operations including teacher training and regular school visits are run by the government from day one to utilize the existing government structures and prepare for a full takeover by the government.
Introduction of the EIDU platform to schools happens in two main stages:
Step 1 – Initial Set-Up:
- Training: EIDU local staff train government officers and other stakeholders
- Townhall Meetings run jointly between government and EIDU: Next, jointly organized (government and EIDU) “townhall” meetings with 80-100 teachers each take place across the relevant county, during which government officers (with support of EIDU staff) onboard teachers on the platform, walk them through the process of integrating our platform into their classroom teaching routine and distribute devices to all teachers.
- Classroom setup by teachers: Teachers then set up learner accounts for their students by themselves with assistance available as needed. The device is set up in an “EIDU corner” within the classroom and learners immediately start benefiting from access to digital personalized learning content that is synchronized to their in-class curriculum.
Step 2: Introduction of Structured Pedagogy and Monitoring:
- Teacher training: During the first term break, a structured pedagogy element is added to the platform. Teachers receive multi-day pedagogical training delivered by trained government staff and learn to leverage the detailed digital lesson plans provided to them on the EIDU platform.
Ongoing: Government Monitoring Supported by EIDU Data and Visualization
The ongoing implementation is monitored via regular school visits with attention directed to schools that need support the most (guided by the usage and feedback data collected through our system).
EIDU’s goal is to empower the government to be able to fully take over the programme and administer it autonomously over the long-term.
Partnerships: Leveraging EIDU platform capabilities to scale + improve your intervention
EIDU platform can be tailored to support various educational interventions. EIDU can integrate most forms of educational content and training materials, digitize your materials as well as help with bringing content from our existing partners (or new ones) to your project.
Leveraging our extensive scaling experience in Kenya and our work with other partners, we can also support you in setting up internal processes and optimizing your operations.
Using EIDU platform to deliver content and manage your operations can improve both the learning impact of your intervention in two main ways:
- Via new content, personalization, advanced learning analytics and A/B testing infrastructure to continuously improve your content),
- Through operational efficiency gained via increased transparency, more targeted support and better inventory management.
Example partnerships include:
- Digitizing a teacher training curriculum and implementing the EIDU platform for teachers and field staff, with the potential to add digital personalized learning in the future
- Integrating various content from disparate providers into a unified interface (including analytics) for digital learning programmes focusing on out-of-school children or remote areas such as refugee settlements, including an operations management component to drive down implementation costs
- Supporting existing interventions with operations management, both on the ground and through platform access and data visibility, and through the EIDU learning platform (learner identification, personalization, A/B testing framework)
- Bespoke options that leverage EIDU platform capabilities to meet your unique needs
If you want to discuss how our platform could support your work, please get in touch with Tomas Kessl at firstname.lastname@example.org.