Social business startup: educating the poorest 1 billion children
Over 600 million children are not learning basic literacy or numeracy. With the arrival of smartphones in Africa, for the first time in history, we will be able to reach these children with better quality education. EIDU’s mission is to educate children by providing the best ICT support and resources. Not only do we provide high quality learning experiences for children directly, we also provide counties with the right tools to bring the Tayari Pre-Primary programme to their schools. On top of that, we are building a digital assessment method, to adequately capture the children’s learning progress and to inform us of possible improvements.
For more information, please visit our website www.eidu.com or watch our video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KlGnj7LsC_g
For the role of EEO in our Learning team, you will be training the county ECD officers into the implementation of CBC through Tayari Pre-Primary programme, including teaching all parties the integration of meaningful digital support tools. We continuously add new elements to our platform, and you will contribute to our efforts in making these tools useful and valuable.
- Carry out learning support for pre primary education officers and teachers independently and responsibly which includes the use of digital interventions
- Train education officers and teachers in delivery of CBC using Tayari methodology for pre-primary
- Visit schools in Mombasa County in a daily basis to support the learning process with the pre primary officers
- Carry out assessments using paper and ICT devices
- Contribute to our learning digital platforms development and materials by providing regular feedback
- Fluency in basic literacy and numeracy
- Experience in an educational field (min. 3 years)
- Graduated in pre primary education or equivalent
- Experience in use of Tayari Methodology in delivering CBC will be an added advantage
- Strong skills in adult training
- Experience in working with (pre)primary age children
- Experience with smartphones and interest in using ICT for educational purposes
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong level of responsibility and independence
- The opportunity to grow through end-to-end ownership of given projects and frequent coaching by EIDU’s leadership
- The chance to work every day on solving a pressing inequality issue
- A highly talented and diverse international team based in Kenya, Nigeria, Ghana and Germany
- A supportive and fun team environment
If this resonates with you, let us know
Please submit a CV, one-paragraph motivation letter with expectation and expected start date before 15th November 2021 to firstname.lastname@example.org. Later applications will be less likely to be considered.