At EIDU, we want to bring quality education to the world’s poorest 600 million children by giving them the world’s best digital learning content at their fingertips. Most of them are not achieving minimum proficiency levels in reading and math today. We have created a learning app platform for young children that works in the lowest-income areas where it’s especially hard to get the high-quality education that all children deserve. Our solution enables children to learn by themselves, at their own pace and enables teachers to access daily lesson plans to guide their teaching. All of this at a fraction of the cost of other alternatives.
We have established EIDU in public pre-primary schools in Nairobi and Mombasa, with over 80,000 learners regularly using our app and developed a training process that leads to over 90% of new teachers actively using the app every day after only one training session. And our plans do not stop here.
For the role of EIDU Officer in our Learning team, you will be training the county ECD officers into the implementation of Competency-based curriculum (CBC) through Tayari Pre-Primary programme, including teaching all stakeholders on the integration of meaningful digital support tools. We continuously add new elements to our platform, and you will contribute to our efforts in making these tools useful and valuable.
You will visit schools on a daily basis using public transport, support teachers and learners in using the EIDU learning app and Tayari Pre-Primary programme. You are also responsible for maintaining government relationships at the county level, managing a team of EIDU Coaches, including their professional development and continuous performance management.
What will you be doing
- Support Government officers, and teachers in delivery of CBC using Tayari methodology for pre-primary and EIDU learning App
- Accompany Government Officials in visiting schools on a daily basis to provide ongoing mentorship, training and performance feedback to Government Officials and Teachers
- Support Government Officers with classroom observation visits or otherwise and on issues of EIDU app usage in the classroom. This includes implementation of Tayari core strategies in the teachers’ daily lessons.
- Contribute to our learning digital platforms development and materials by providing regular feedback
- Will be assigned a specific number of Government Officers and teachers to support in using the EIDU platforms and maximizing the value of our app for each learner.
- Use Provided Tableau and Kocha App data to guide in planning for the classroom observation visits needed by Government officers to support their teachers.
- Maintain government relationships at the ECD Officer/CSO level by conducting regular planning meeting with the government Officials
- Conduct regular review meetings with the ECDE officers/CSO to support them in teacher cluster review meetings.
- Represent EIDU in activities that involve EIDU partners when required as guided by the EIDU Officer
- Ensure the highest degree of integrity and ethics when conducting school visits at all times to safeguard children as required by the law.
- Generate reports on training and field visits as required by EIDU.
Who we are looking for
- Bachelor’s degree and minimum of 5 years experience in education
- Minimum of 2 years of training experience
- Minimum of 3 years of team management experience
- ICT skills: Word/Excel, issue management systems (e.g., CRM), Android Smartphones
- Interest in digital teaching and learning
- Ability to work across Kenya
- Great communication skills with impeccable written & spoken English and local language skills; public speaking experience preferred
- Experience in use of Tayari/Tusome Methodology in delivering CBC will be an added advantage
- Proven community leadership experience, leading teams of people to accomplish an objective. Experience in mentorship, training and coaching of youth and adults.
- Strong level of responsibility and independence
- Certificate of Good Conduct
You should also be;
- A detailed doer – You have a track record of getting things done. You’re organized and responsive. You take ownership of every idea you touch and execute it to a fine level of detail, setting targets and engaging others. You can multi-task dozens of such projects at once and never lose sight of the details. Likely, you have some experience in a start-up or other rapid-growth company.
- A creative problem-solver – Growing any organization from scratch comes with massive and constant challenges. On top of that, EIDU works in often fragile, sometimes volatile low-resource communities and with complex government systems. You need to be flexible and ready to get everything done effectively, quickly, and affordably with the materials at hand.
- An adaptive learner – You believe you can always do better. You welcome constructive criticism and provide it freely to others. You know you only get better tomorrow when others point out where you’ve missed things or failed today.
- A data-driven decision-maker – When making decisions, you don’t rely on your intuition alone. You collect data, you analyze it and make decisions with clear justifications.
What we offer
- Being part of a social mission-driven yet business-minded start-up, founded by highly successful serial tech entrepreneurs
- Working in an entrepreneurial, fun, and result-oriented environment with highly talented people who care
- Contributing directly to solving a pressing global inequality problem by improving what we do and how we do it on a daily basis
- Growing your responsibilities as we grow our scale
- Competitive compensation package
If this resonates with you, there is no time to waste
Please submit your CV, a one-paragraph motivation letter, and your earliest start date to firstname.lastname@example.org.