Social edtech startup: educating the poorest 600 million children
At EIDU, we want to bring quality education to the world’s poorest 600 million children by giving them the world’s best digital learning content at their fingertips. Most of them are not achieving minimum proficiency levels in reading and math today. We have created a learning app platform for young children that works in the lowest-income areas where it’s especially hard to get the high-quality education that all children deserve. Our solution enables children to learn by themselves, at their own pace and enables teachers to access daily lesson plans to guide their teaching. All of this at a fraction of the cost of other alternatives.
We have established EIDU in public pre-primary schools in Nairobi and Mombasa, with over 80,000 learners regularly using our app and developed a training process that leads to over 90% of new teachers actively using the app every day after only one training session. And our plans do not stop here.
For more information, visit our website eidu.com.
We are looking to hire a Training Officer to join the Learning Team in our Kenya Office.
What will you be doing
- Train Education Officers, and teachers in delivery of CBC using Tayari methodology for pre-primary, Primary and EIDU learning App.
- Document training outcomes through detailed reports, evaluations, spot checks, and other feedback & accountability mechanisms to inform continuous improvement.
- Support in the development of individualized targeted training for the field team that meets the skills gap identified through the capacity needs assessment.
- Contribute to the review and development of various learning program tools and content.
- Periodically Visit schools to support Education Officers with classroom observation visits or otherwise and on issues of EIDU app usage in the classroom. This includes the implementation of Tayari core strategies in the teachers’ daily lessons.
- Contribute to EIDU learning digital platforms and materials by providing regular feedback.
- Represent EIDU in activities that involve EIDU partners when required as guided by the EIDU Support Team.
- Ensure the highest degree of integrity and ethics when conducting school visits at all times to safeguard children as required by the law.
Who we are looking for
- Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of 5 years’ experience in education
- 5 years of training experience
- Minimum of 3 years of team management experience
- ICT skills: Word/Excel, issue management systems (e.g., CRM), Android Smartphones
- Interest in digital teaching and learning
- Great communication skills with impeccable written & spoken English and local language skills; public speaking experience preferred
- Experience in use of Tayari/Tusome Methodology in delivering CBC will be an added advantage
- Proven community leadership experience, leading teams of people to accomplish an objective.
- Experience in mentorship, training and coaching of youth and adults.
- Strong level of responsibility and independence
- Certificate of Good Conduct
What we offer
- Being part of a social mission-driven yet business-minded start-up, founded by highly successful serial tech entrepreneurs
- Working in an entrepreneurial, fun, and result-oriented environment with highly talented people who care
- Contributing directly to solving a pressing global inequality problem by improving what we do and how we do it on a daily basis
- Growing your responsibilities as we grow our scale
- Competitive compensation package
If this resonates with you, there is no time to waste
Please submit your CV, a one-paragraph motivation letter, and your earliest start date to email@example.com.